Monday, November 22, 2010

OFF THE STRIP, WORTH THE TRIP: SMASHBURGER, YOU CAN'T BEAT THIS MEAT!


Being from a little village in the suburban San Gabriel Valley, just 19 miles and 20 years from Los Angeles, I know my burgers.

I also know my fair share of Cholas. But. That's another story.

Entirely.

You see, the famed hamburger joint "In N Out" was born just up the rode from Mi casa in West Covina in El Barrio de Baldwin Park.

Nothing else of note ever came out of Baldwin Park.

Never.

"In N Out" is hands down everyone's fave burger emporium. If you've ever eaten there while, how you say, tipsy, you know what I mean. There's nothing quite like one of their vanilla shakes washing fries down your drunken throat whilst dripping burger juice onto your lap.

And of course, no one who knows "In N Out" orders from the menu.

Of course.

Nope. If you're truly in the know, you order all manner of secret, off the menu specialty burgers.

Well.

Sorry my old "In N Out" amigo, you have been replaced in my life by the new kid on the block. No. Not those white trash dudes from Jersey, or, wherever they're from.

I'm talking Smashburger.

Bitch.

Recently opened in in my new village of Las Vegas, Smashburger is my new fave delicious treat between two buns.

Well. You know what I mean.

For the price of the "Six Dollar Burger" at Carl's Jr you can treat yourself to what is easily the tastiest, juiciest slab of meat covered in egg, bacon and super thin, crispy fried onions (The Sin City Burger). You can also create your own version of a heart attack by just ordering whatever the hell you want

Like a little spice on your meat?

Heh. Heh.

If heat is your game, grab a "Spicy Baja" with pepper jack cheese, guacamole and a muy good-o chipotle mayo. And, no matter what, make sure you order some fried pickles and sweet potato fries.

Yum.

There are other things to order at Smashburger, by the way. What they are, I don't know. I love the burgers so much, I can't seem to get to that side of the menu.

Really.

I swear.

If it's get your grub on time, find your way to the nearest (or furthest, it's that good!) Smashburger pronto! It's "Off The Strip, Worth The Trip" fo sho!


SMASHBURGER LAS VEGAS LOCATIONS:

# 1. Las Vegas
W. Lake Mead Blvd & Buffalo Dr.
7541 W. Lake Mead Blvd.

# 2. Las Vegas
S Fort Apache Rd. & W Sahara Ave.
9101 W. Sahara

# 3. Las Vegas
Centennial Center Blvd. & W Ann Rd
5655 Centennial Center Blvd.

www.smashburger.com

No comments: