Monday, November 30, 2009

COLTON FORD: TALENT AND SEX APPEAL ALL IN ONE HOT PACKAGE!


THE VEGAS STYLE GUY: How's life treating Colton Ford these days?

COLTON FORD: Great!

TVSG: Let's jump right in, you recently covered the REM classic, "Losing My Religion". Why such an iconic rock song?

CF: Why not? It’s an amazing song, and it was fun to go in and re-imagine it with my own musical stylings.



TVSG: It seems that rock would be quite a departure for you considering that your fans think of you as a "Dance" artist. Are you a big secret rock fan?

CF: Not really. I’m more of an R&B/Soul/Funk kind of guy. I do like all kinds of music, but I just tend to gravitate to R&B.

TVSG: Who are some of your favorite rock bands?

CF: Well I love Boston, Fleetwood Mac and Journey to name just a few.

TVSG: I personally think you have one of the best "Blue Eyed Soul" sounds out, does it frustrate you that the mainstream hasn't picked up on you yet?

CF: Well firstly, thank you. I guess I’m just focused on making music that I dig, and continue to do what I can to get it out and reach as many people as possible. It’s a process. I’ve been doing this for a long time, so I just continue to do what I’ve always done.

TVSG: Who are some of your musical idols?

CF: I love Marvin Gaye, Chaka Khan, Babyface, Sarah Vaughn, and Michael McDonald to name a few. I could go on!



TVSG: Who have you worked with that brought something to the studio that you weren't expecting?

CF: When I go into the studio my only expectation is that I’m going to be creating great music with whomever I’m working with. I’ve been very blessed with great collaborators.


TVSG: Have you ever been in the studio and just gotten so frustrated that you just wanted to walk out and say, "screw this!"?

CF: NEVER.

TVSG: Dream duet?

CF: I would love to do a duet with Chante Moore or Lisa Stansfield. Something with Beyonce would be cute! I also think a duet with George Michael would be great.

TVSG: How do you feel about touring?

CF: Touring is an important part of being a recording artist. Market awareness is essential to selling product, so getting out there and meeting your audience is crucial. It’s great to connect with the people that are supporting your work.



TVSG: Do you have "groupies"?

CF: Sure.

TVSG: For those of us who think you're a major hottie, are you in a relationship?

CF: Yes. His name is Angelo and he’s a hottie, both inside and out!!

TVSG: What kind of night does Colton Ford have when he's just being himself?

CF: I’ll go have a nice dinner with my partner, and then we’ll go home and maybe watch a movie, or a re-run of one of the Housewives episodes. Lol.

TVSG: You're a very sexy man and don't seem to have a problem flaunting it, do you feel your looks are a help or a hindrance to your being taken seriously as a singer?

CF: I’m comfortable in my skin, and use that in a way that I feel works best for me. People’s responses cover the whole spectrum, but at the end of the day I’m happy with who I am and what I’m doing.

TVSG: What is sexy to you?

CF: Confidence and a strong sense of self.


TVSG: What's your next project?

CF: I’m currently working on my next originals album. I’ve also been cast in a reality show called the Velvet Mafia that’s supposed to start shooting early 2010. I’m also reading a couple of feature film scripts. Just keeping the ship moving!

TVSG: So, the next time you're in Vegas, can I VIP you up with a Bottle and a cozy couch in an UltraLounge?

CF: As long as I can bring my partner.

TVSG: Damn.

CHECK OUT COLTON'S LATEST HIT "LOSING MY RELIGION" AT www.coltonfordmusic.com

No comments: